Monday, January 10, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the snow is falling.  It is our first snow day for the school year.

I am thinking...how nice it is to have an unplanned day off.

I am thankful for...my husband, my children and our health.

From the kitchen...we will be baking chocolate chip cookies!

I am wearing...comfortrable jeans and a warm sweater-and the diamond necklace my husband gave me for Christmas.  Oh how he spoils me!

I am creating...Right now I have colorful pillows I am finishing for the basement family room, two prayer shawls that I am crocheting, and completing an ornament project I started in early December.  They will be ready to go next year.  I also have a 3-inch swap project I am working on due the end of January.

I am going...to stay inside and keep warm and cozy with the kids!

I am reading...St. Therese, The Story of a Soul.  It's a beautiful book.

I am hoping...to get some paperwork organizing caught up this week on my kitchen desk.

I am hearing...the boys in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate after coming in from outside for the third time today.

Around the house...the other children are watching TV, building Legos and just lounging.  They can teach grownups a lot about relaxing properly!
One of my favorite things...A snowy day and the comfort of a warm house with goodies baking in the oven!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  A few weeks ago I made myself a schedule for organizing and spring cleaning.  I hope to complete the first part this week:  desk organization and catching up on filing.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...a very snowy boy.




http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

5 comments :

  1. I just love a good snow day. We are in the midst of one today. I love it....the kids are snug in their beds....and I am pondering what I can dream up. I've got several swaps due the end of January!! Love your Silver Bella projects!!
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you posting! Your little guy looks so sweet all covered with snow. We have had so little snow that I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog, so happy to have found yours. I LoVe your theme ~ I was inspired myself to finish some UFOs last year and found it hugely rewarding. Good luck!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I like the 42 UFO story - I have been quilting along time and have many myself - they do seem to pile up don't they!
    Your comment made me laugh - when I was a child we had a little dog that used to lie on the heat registers - every once in a while her dog license would slip in and get turned so when she stood up, the whole register would come out of the floor - it was bigger than she was!
    Thanks again and good luck with your projects - I've bookmarked your blog so I'll definitely be back to see what you're up to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tamatha! Thanks so much for popping by my Blog!

    What a darling snow boy!!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete