Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fabric Tuesday

I found a link-up party that's right up my alley!  It's Fabric Tuesday hosted by Quiltstory.  The link button is on my sidebar.  I'm hoping they do this every Tuesday so I have incentive to get moving on some projects.  Okay, so I am posting this late, but I did write it on Tuesday.  I just had some trouble getting the link attached.

This is a tote bag I made using fabric from French General's latest line, La Petite Ecole.  The pattern I used is called Twist Bag from The Country Sampler.


 Here is my daughter's kitten, Perry, getting in on the action.  She does this everytime I get out the camera!


 I added some detail to the bag with a bit of red crocheted trim around the top.  I also cut a piece from the selvage of the fabric and used it as a ribbon trim.  The beads are leftover from a necklace class I did with Kari Meng of French General.  The class was held at Silver Bella this past November.  Here is a link to Kari's blog:  The Warp and the Weft.


 I fell in love with the red fabric that has all the little objects labeled in French.  I can't pronounce any of the words, but I love that it's French!  I love the brown and red color combination.  This bag pattern goes together very quickly and it holds so much, especially skiens of yarn for my crochet projects.



4 comments :

  1. Love those fabrics! The bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that red and brown fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those details, and the red and brown are great!! Thanks for linking up to Fabric Tuesday! (And YES, we do it every week!! See you Tuesday! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is awesome! Very cute bag. I guess this makes 41 projects for you now, huh? I'll go check out that link!

    ReplyDelete