Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bonaparte's Gift

This is the last day of March and my first time posting this month.  Yikes!  Where did the time go?  Registration for the next Silver Bella workshop opens tomorrow, April 1st.  It's time to finish posting my projects from the last one!



Bonaparte's Gift was my first jewelry making class ever.  It was so much fun and the one class where I managed to complete my project before class ended! 


Kari Meng of French General gave us some great tips on the proper closing of jump rings and how to use jewelry making tools. If nothing else, I can now repair some of my broken necklaces without having to take them to a jeweler. At the end of class, I bought a bracelet kit but have yet to finish it-of course. I'm afraid I have forgotten some of the things I learned in the class so someday I'll have to find another jewelry class so I can maintain the skills I learned.

 
So many beautiful charms on this necklace!  We were even shown how to properly glue the resin charms onto a metal base.  I love wearing this peice!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment :

  1. It's so pretty! I did the bracelet and bought the necklace kit -- and have yet to make it! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete