Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Living Room Drapes for Fabric Tuesday


A few days ago, the sound of the angels singing an Allelujah chorus could be heard throughout my house, or maybe it was just throughout my head.  Anyway, it was certainly a cause for celebration when a long procrastinated project was finally completed!  You can see my new living room drapes in the photograph above. They were supposed to be finished in time for my oldest son's graduation party on May 22nd.  That certainly didn't happen! 


The fabric and coordinating trim were chosen and ordered about 18 months ago. The problem was I procrastinated having to come up with my own measurements when I realized the very easy pattern suggestions weren't going to work exactly for my windows. Once I did get started, the drapery panels went together very quickly. There was a bit of hand sewing detail work that I managed to finish while sitting on the front porch watching my 6 year old ride his bike. Why did I wait so long?! 

The fringe detail at the top matches the fringe used on pillows in the connecting family room.  The pattern I used is from Pate-Meadows.  They have beautiful window treatment patterns that are fairly easy to follow. 


The fabric is a lovely blue toile from Laura Ashley.

I have one last home dec sewing project and then I will allow myself to get started on my many, many quilting projects!

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments :

  1. They are SO pretty! I love, love, love that fabric!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamatha, girl!!! you are so speaking my language!! Im a quilter. (24 yrs) and I bet you I could find UFO's from way back then. In fact I know I could. Im new to blogging and was going through Karen's blog list and found you. Im working on my blog and my space to get them both ready for the blog party, where women blog. Look me up. Ohhh, so many quilts to make. and not enough time :):):) Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute drapes!!

    Now missy.... you have a "no-reply" email address when you leave comments on peoples blog... and I couldn't find an e-mail link on your blog page.... so I'm putting my email to you here ;-) OH heck, I can't remember what I wrote lol... It went something like this:

    Thanks for the lovely comment, if you'd like to print/make a ruler yourself go to Cathe's blog: http://justsomethingimade.com/ go to the top of her blog and click on "freebies" and print out your ruler. If you've never been to her blog before, you'll want to bookmark it and spend a long time looking at all her diy projects. Its a fabulous blog ;-)
    big hug,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combination here, curtains look really awesome. Thank you for sharing such lovely post with us, hope to see more such posts

    ReplyDelete