Monday, July 25, 2011

Having so much fun!

I've had a great time visiting other bloggers and seeing their creative spaces during Where Bloggers Create.  It's been almost a week, and I think I've only made it through a third of the list!  It's amazing how many visits I have had to my own little blog and I so appreciate all the lovely comments (you can see my room on the July 14th post).  This whole experience has really inspired me to allow myself to spend more time creating.  Preparing my room to be photographed helped me to complete some procrastinated projects like the valance for the window and reorganizing some of my supplies.  Now that it's done, I have felt a freedom to work on new (and old) projects.

The day after I posted my photos for WBC, I pulled out a project I had started three months ago but hadn't worked on in all that time!  It's my first art journal:


So far only the cover and first page are complete.  It's something completely new for me so I'm taking my time while I mull over the next step.  It's a project from Paper Bella Studio called Windows to My World.  My daughter is making one too.

Saturday morning I didn't have to rush off anywhere, so I pulled out a quilt project that was started two years ago.  There's nothing like sitting at the sewing machine with a cup of coffee on a lazy morning!


This train quilt was supposed to be for my son who is now 6 1/2 years old and a bit too grown up for a crib quilt.  He was mad at me for not finishing it sooner, but then I showed him the quilt top I made for his big brother Jake 12 years ago when HE was 6 years old!  It has trains, cars, planes, tractors; everything little boys love and it's sized for a big boy bed.  That will be my next quilt project when I finish this little train quilt.

I hope you will come back again and check on my progress with all my unfinished projects. 
I'm just getting started!

2 comments :

  1. I started a cross-stitching for my second son when I was pregnant that I never finished. He will be 13 in October. :/

    I've often thought about art journaling, inspired by all the lovely bloggers out there who make it look so easy. My drawing and doodling skills seemed to be in hibernation at the moment.

    Good luck with your projects and have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat you are creating with your daughter! Love your craft room....how clever and what a thoughtful contractor.....wish they were all like that.
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete