Friday, November 25, 2011

Two Turtle Doves

In September I participated in my second ever swap.  This swap was hosted again by Jeanelle Ricca whom I met at Silver Bella.  The theme is 12 Days of Christmas and each participant was given one of the days to interpret on a 4 inch square of fabric much like the Valentine's Day swap we did last February.  I have the second day of Christmas, Two Turtle Doves.  This was such a fun project!


I envisioned doves in the snow so that gave me a great excuse to use some glitter.  You know you're having fun when you have glitter and glue stuck to you hands (not to mention on the floor and even the cat)!  I appliqued the two doves and did some stitching around them with gold thread.  They are holding an embroidered vine with seed bead "berries."  I added a jingle bell for fun and a verse that makes me think of two turtle doves, Luke 2:24.  I stamped a background of music notes to represent the Twelve Days of Christmas song.



The blocks were packaged in a brown paper origami basket.  The idea came from GreenCraft magazine.  I thought their example looked so cute with a ribbon handle so I did my own version for this project.  I used fabrics and paper to decorate the front with a bit of holly and an invitation to "believe."  I also used Glimmer Mist to "age" the brown paper.  I love working with that stuff!

Come back again to see a post with photos of the pieces done by the other ladies.  They are fabulous!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments :

  1. That is beautiful. I love that you have used glitter, what a great idea. It is going ot be beautiful all put together, looking forward to seeing all the swaps.
    Hugs
    Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inchie and the packaging was over-the-top gorgeous! I'm so glad you joined in this swap!

    ReplyDelete