Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Valentine Project

This month I participated in a Valentine swap hosted by Laurie Jackson at Indulge Your Shelf.  We were to make a 1-3 inch ornament.  After looking through some crafting magazines for inspiration, I made a heart with flannel, lace, papers and some beading.


After cutting two layers of white flannel, I spritzed the pieces with pink glimmer mist.  I love working with that stuff!  Then I added a layer of gathered tulle, and stitched on some heart shaped papers.  I added some beads, a tiny button and some vintage lace.  There is a lovely flower shaped vintage button with a rhinestone in the center.  I had just enough of the flower buttons for each ornament.


To wrap the hearts, I used a simple doily with some pink embroidery floss for a ribbon.  I wanted to keep it simple.


I also made a paper valentine to share with one of the swappers.  I decided to do a tag style card and stitched papers to the card.


I just barely made the swap deadline but got it all together at the last minute.  Stay tuned for a post showing the gorgeous ornaments I received in the swap!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment