Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween and Fall Tag Swap

It's Halloween and the countdown begins at my house for "is it dark enough to trick-or-treat yet?"  The weather where I am is gorgeous-no wind and not too cold.  It's a good opportunity to remind my kids how fortunate they are today knowing trick-or-treating had to be cancelled in some areas.  Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by Hurricane Sandy and with hope for a quick return to the normalcy we often take for granted.

I was late this year getting decorations out but managed to get even my latest project finished, a Fall Tag Swap hosted by Dawn.  We each made 10 tags and got 10 lovely tags in return.

 
My contribution was made by decoupaging old dictionary pages to manila tags.  I then aged them using thinned out acrylic paint.  The "Merry Halloween" image was stitched on, and I added a ruffled bit of streamer to the bottom.


The funnest part of being in a swap is the day your package arrives!  The cards were delightful!


I used a jute string to hang the tags using small clothespins over the window .  About half the tags are Halloween themed and the others are more fall-themed.  Tomorrow I can take down the Halloween tags and leave the others until after Thanksgiving.  I just love having these lovely pieces of work from other artists hanging right in my craft room!

I'll do another post showing each card and links to the ladies that participated.  The tags are too fabulous not to share each one!  Have a safe and Merry Halloween!

No comments :

Post a Comment