Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hawaiian Applique


Some time ago (it's been enough years that I can't remember!), I took a Hawaiian applique class at a local quilt shop.  I really enjoyed the technique and set out to make an entire quilt using at least 12 blocks.  So far I have four completed blocks that I have been working on for...possibly 10 years!!!
This is my most recent block.


What I love about this technique is how easy it is to carry along and work on anywhere.  This particular block went to Hawaii with me a year ago.  I've worked on it on airplanes, long car rides, sitting at piano lessons, etc, etc.  This block took me probably two years to complete using needle-turn applique.
 
I would love to show you my other three blocks.  However, I have them "safely" tucked away somewhere that I can't seem to find at the moment! :)  It may be time to do a little studio clean-out!

2 comments :

  1. I have LOTS of stuff that is so safely tucked away no one will ever find it! LOL! Very colorful block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful block! Love the batik you used for it!

    ReplyDelete