Monday, February 4, 2013

Baby Ballerina Shoes

My youngest child is going to be 8 yrs. old this month.  It's been a long time since I needed to buy baby clothes for my own children so it's so much fun when someone has a baby--especially if it's a girl!  My youngest is taking piano lessons, and his teacher had a baby girl a couple months ago.  I usually take little stitching projects with me when I sit at the lessons and discovered the piano teacher has a fondness for handmade items.  It would have been fun to make a quilt, but let's be realistic.  That baby would be in kindergarten before I got it finished!

Pattern from Curby's Closet
 
 
Instead of a quilt, I made these tiny quilted ballerina shoes.  The fabric I chose has a bohemian feel that I new the new mom would love.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but there is some beading detail on the toe of the shoes.  The inside is lined with soft flannel.  When Tommy and I gave the shoes to the teacher, she teared up a bit.  It was very touching.  Don't you love when you put the time into a handmade gift and the recipient loves that you made it yourself?
 
Now off to make some more handmade gifts...!

3 comments :

  1. I was really amazed with these ballet flat shoes! It's good to know that you can create your own design and style of this kind of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lovely job with these Ballet shoes. So glad to know that you like our patterns!

    Best wishes,
    Chris
    Curbys Closet

    ReplyDelete