Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!



Look what arrived in the mail this week!
It's been a really long time since I received a May Basket.
This beautiful apple green basket trimmed with a tissue flower was made by Donna in a May Basket swap through The Little Pink Studio.

May basket swap

Cerrie Campbell hosts some lovely swaps and this is my second one.  The last one was a vintage Christmas stocking swap back in December which I have yet to post...


Donna's basket was filled with lots of spring colored papers, ribbons and trims.  It will be so much fun using the ephemera in projects!  
I just love my little May Basket!
Thanks Donna!


The basket I made for Donna has a purple theme.  She mentioned in our email exchange that purple is her favorite color.  I do love purple, but don't seem to work with it very often so naturally, I gave myself a little challenge!


It was so much fun gathering lots of pretty purples.  The center medallion on the front of the basket is made with papers, gathered crepe paper and store bought ribbon roses.  I found a little spray of purple rhinestones and had to include them!

Today is the first snowy May Day I can remember in Nebraska!
Maybe in a couple days spring will decide to officially stick around!

Hope you enjoyed your May Day!

3 comments :

  1. Wow -- that was a lovely swap you gave and received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea ~ just beautiful!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the basket you received and the one you made! They're both so pretty!
    I am glad you had a good time with the swap, and if it's ok with you, I would like to use some of your photos for a blog post about the swap? (I'll of course link to you)
    Thanks again for playing along!
    Cerri xo

    ReplyDelete