Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Stocking Swap

I'm doing some review of the previous year and trying to catch up on posts I should have done looooong ago!
This is one of them.


This is the "kitschy" style stocking I made for my swap partner Michelle.  The swap was hosted by Cerrie of Little Pink Studio.  I love the vintage items she sells and follow her Pinterest boards.  That's how I found out about the stocking swap.  It was one of those moments when I didn't even think, I just sent an email and asked to join!  We had to answer a few questions about ourselves and our preferences to be given to an assigned swap partner. 
I went with kitschy since I LOVE 40's and 50's Christmas decorations.  There's just something about the images and the colors that make me happy.

The stocking front with the pom-pom fringe added
Detail of the cuff
 It was fun gathering goodies to fill the stocking:  a snowman filled with white chocolate cocoa mix, handmade soap from a farm in the town of Milford where I went to high school and Baker's chocolates made in Greenwood, Nebraska along with lots of vintage sewing and Christmas crafting supplies.




This is the chenille stocking I received in return from Michelle.  It is so beautiful!!





There is a sweet little vintage candy cane with holly, jingle bells and a peppermint candy.  It's trimmed out with red and white crocheted pieces.


 And the stocking was filled with lots of goodies!
Michelle is from Oregon so she included locally made coffee and chocolates.

A very fuzzy photo of a box filled with Christmas tags, stickers and tiny Santas
 Michelle also made this very sweet angel ornament using a vintage cookie cutter and lots of glitter and tinsel!


Christmas ends tomorrow with the Feast of the Epiphany so it's certainly not too late to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment :

  1. OH, that looks like it was a great swap! I don't know if I love what you made, or what you received, more!

    ReplyDelete