Friday, July 11, 2014

Where Bloggers Create 2014

Welcome to my craft room!

View as you come in the room
Thank you for stopping by my link for Where Bloggers Create and a BIG thank you to Karen Valentine for hosting once again!

Fabric Storage Cabinet

 If you've been here before, not a lot has changed, except that I have more fabric, more supplies, and more clutter!

The laundry side of the room
My craft room is also the laundry room.  We did a remodel about five years ago adding on to our laundry room.  We have five children so yes, I have three laundry machines.  The folding counter above the machines is also very handy for spreading out projects--when the laundry is done... 
My favorite part about this room is how huge it makes my laundry room!

The door to the room with ironing board behind the door
My least favorite is that it is a shared space so I am limited to where I can put all my creative stuff--and there is a lot of it!

My sewing machine in front of a  nice big window overlooking trees--love!
These photos show the room in absolute pristine condition about three years ago.
It hasn't been like this since!!

I didn't get this stuff hidden before hubby saw it--he just shakes his head at this point. ;)
 Here is a recent photo of what a mess I made when I attended two workshops this spring.  I went to Handmade U in May and then Birdsong in June.
Naturally I had to participate in all the swaps offered at each workshop.  This meant lots of last minute mad crafting, emptying cupboards, things strewn everywhere...
I loved every minute of it!!

Storage for ribbons, vintage ribbons, vintage millinery, art papers, and journals

 Now both of these workshops included vendor nights with so much awesome stuff--I did a lot of hoarding shopping!

This was a seriously messy cupboard before I put everything in containers!
A couple weeks ago I finally organized all the vintage ephemera I've been hoarding collecting.  I used 12x12 plastic containers that I got at the hobby store and labeled them by type.  I now have music sheets separated from book pages.  The new papers are separated from the old and there is even a container for cool recycled papers such as pretty napkins and envelopes. (I'm that weird lady at parties who steals the pretty napkins)


Yeah, I love do-dads.
These divided containers are great for holding little bits and pieces of ephemera.  I have five of these containers filled with beads and little treasures.

Periwinkle (Perry) my daughter's cat
I also share the room with this little lady who happens to love fresh, clean laundry laying out to dry on the counter.  She didn't seem to mind that it was wet!

That was a short tour, but you can certainly check out my previous posts for Where Women Create here, here and here. :)
Next year I'm hoping to show some big changes in my studio space.
We are building a house!
As much as I love my laundry/craft room now, it will be so much fun to have a room just for creating.  My new studio will be the attic room above the garage.  We haven't started just yet so hopefully there will be photos to share next summer.

A little view from last fall of the acreage property we will build on--there is a small pond and so many trees!
Thank you for stopping by!  It's so much fun meeting new people through Karen's event!


18 comments :

  1. Many years ago my friend's house was up for sale... HUGE room above the garage... it was just perfect, but over our budget back then.. You're a lucky girl.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your space and gosh I can relate to getting ready for an event and then our shopping sprees and finding storage space for them. You lucky girl building a new room just for crafting...that will be wonderful! Keep in touch...Teresa
    www.foxhollowstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. With five kids, you actually finish the laundry and have time to craft in that wonderful space? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful space. My husband only knows how much I have because we had to downsize and a lot is in storage. It's amazing how much you sneak in. LOL. He never really carried though.He's like your man just shakes his head! I enjoyed visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you so much for showing the "real" work space. Love that you like to hoard/collect vintage ephemera as I do too. It was nice to meet Periwinkle, too. I enjoyed my visit to your creative space today. Looking forward to seeing the new one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very nice space to work and create in. I especially like the big window in front of the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful space (both clean and messy) now, but I bet it will be even nicer when you move. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that you will get to decorate a whole new creative space, Tamatha! Well, along with a whole house! LOL! : ) Love this space, even sharing it with a laundry room would be fine with me if I could just have your window. Love those clear plastic storage organizers. I use them myself. While I like pretty boxes, I prefer being able to see what I've got, so they work great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your creative space now and can't wait to see what new space you make for yourself. Happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creative space! Looks like a wonderful place to be inspired! And Periwinkle looks exactly like my cat, Cosmo!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  11. You gotta work with what you got girlfriend...and you made it work!! Talk about multi tasking!! LOL! I think it's great. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great space. Love the sewing machine in front of the window. I have to start out with a clean canvas to create, but what happens during and after is a whole other picture from what you saw in my current post. :)
    Thank you for stopping by the imaginatory.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great space!! Looks wonderful!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful "room with a view". It must be wonderful to work in such a great environment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tamatha, wow, love how you made this shared room work for you! Your cabinets are gorgeous and the room looks so bright.
    Thanks for stopping by "My Paper Daisy" and your kind comment!
    Can't wait to next year to see all the changes, have fun building your new home and studio!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cabinets are very beautiful. I have 7 kids still at home and I wish I had another washer and dryer set! I love your bits and baubles and all of your storage containers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have the craft room of my dreams with its beautiful white built-in cabinets, drawers, and counters. What a wonderful space! I think your red accents are perfect, and I love your birdhouses perched up high. Thanks for sharing your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it that you showed what it really looks like (although very nice under all that crafty stuff : )
    Mine was clean for about half day and just enough for the pictures and then it just went back its normal lovely mess. You have a lovely view from your space and the grounds where your house is stunning.

    ReplyDelete