Friday, December 19, 2014

White Christmas Button Book Swap--Part I

What fun to have snow while working on this swap project!



I barely had the Halloween decorations put away, and it's on to Christmas crafting...



The Button Floozies are hosting a White Christmas Button Book Swap, and my friend Laurie invited me to join!  My partner is Michele at Nook and Cranny.
Here is the finished book I made for Michele.


I love the theme White Christmas so I used vintage laces and fabrics that I have collected in shades of white and cream.  This page has a vintage Father Christmas with a sparkly snowflake button.  The opposite page is a wreath made from vintage buttons.


I love using vintage photos and these are accented with more vintage buttons.



The page on the left was a fun challenge to get the buttons lined up just right!  On the right, I stitched a piece of vintage Christmas sheet music under a vintage photo and added little pearl buttons.


The back page is kept in the simple White Christmas theme with lace and vintage buttons.


This was such a fun project to get me in the Christmas spirit!
I can't wait to see what Michele has made for me!

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful, Tamatha! This was one of my favorite swaps ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Your Christmas book swap is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple decent and really good work i liked the articles you have shared here in the time of today we an not find such hand made stuff i liked it very much

    ReplyDelete