Friday, July 10, 2015

My Studio Tour for Where Bloggers Create

Welcome to my studio tour for Where Bloggers Create 2015 and thank you to Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage for hosting this blog hop once again!
A little about me; I am a wife of 23 years and mother to five children ranging from age 22 to age 10.
Primarily, I love to quilt, but I also enjoy embroidery, painting, crochet, and mixed media.
We have a dog, Ranger.

Fur babies rarely talk back!
And our cat, Periwinkle (aka, Perry).

Perry's food dish sits on the counter so the dog doesn't steal it in one gulp!
My studio space is also my laundry room.  

The room is looking exceptionally clean for this photo!
It's light-filled, and when the counters are clear, it feels like a fabulously organized space with everything behind cabinet doors!


My sewing machine sits right in front of a big window with a view to our backyard.
I love having this view.


I have done this blog hop a few times before:  20112012, 2013, 2014.  You can check out me previous posts for this room, but here are some of my favorite features...

This is the cabinet that houses my fabrics, well, most of it.  Don't tell hubby where I hid the rest of it!
Antique glass knobs and pulls are on all the cabinet and drawers.  Much of the collection came from my Dad who was an antique dealer for many years.
Drawers with supplies at my fingertips
The laundry side that only looked clean once for this picture four years ago and has not been clean since!
This will be the last year I will have photos for this studio...

Bye-bye pretty room! :(
...In October we will be moving, and I will have a new studio!!
Here is a view from the doorway.


There is a rough in for a sink so I can wash out brushes.


And I will have a gas fireplace!!
I'm dreaming of having a comfy chair to sit in while I stitch in front of the fire.


Here is the view out one of the windows.  We have five acres of land with a small pond on it.


The view from the opposite side of the door and probably where I will put my sewing area.
The room will serve as an office, library and craft space all for me!!


It's so much fun to visit all the other blogs and see how people organize their spaces and what they like to create.  I hope you will come back for a visit from time to time and follow me along as I plan my new studio space.
Click here to go back to the linky party!

Thanks for visiting!

22 comments :

  1. What a fun room you have! And look at your Longaberger baskets. Your new room/studio looks like it will be a great place to craft or read or just curl up and stare out the windows. Thank you for sharing!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Look at all that potential space in your new place! I can't wait for next year's linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to see your post here! I missed seeing you at Handmade U and Birdsong. I have kept up with you on FB and saw you and your family just had a wonderful trip to Europe. So happy for you!
    I am dying seeing your new creative space in the new house. That is what any creative soul would love to have! Better post pics when it is done.
    Hope you are well!
    Teresa Young
    www.foxhollowstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your current space, but can't wait to see the new one! How exciting for you! Hope to see you again soon - maybe Birdsong 6???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your current space is wonderful, but the new one looks like it will be even more amazing. It is full of so much potential with great views and a cozy fireplace! I can't wait to see the completed room.
    Dorene @ Seasonal Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  6. The space you have now is great, but what you're building is going to be wonderful. I look forward to seeing it then.

    Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely space you have now. And how exciting about the new space to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I like the studio where you create right now, I think it will be wonderful to dream and plan your new space.
    Happy crafting from # 33.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful room now and the new one looks to be even more spectacular!! I hope you will link again next year so we can all see it!! Enjoy it in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome that you get to plan your creative space from the ground up! I think your existing creative space is pretty sweet, but that new studio......WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember your beautiful space from previous WBC posts... I can't wait till next year to see how your new space works out!
    All best luck with the move ~ have fun decorating your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I thought your current space was pretty good and now you say you're getting something even better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous studio!! I hope you join the party again next year, would love to see the new studio, and what fabulous views too. Thanks so much for the tour. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous that you are getting custom design your studio! The one you have now is just lovely but I feel your excitement at seeing your dream studio become a reality. Happy crafting and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness . . . I thought your laundry room was spectacular. Your new space is going to be so nice . . .I would just put a bed up there . . . who needs the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great studio! How exciting to be moving and planning another crafting place. Thanks for poppin' over and commenting on my studio. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great studio! How exciting to be moving and planning another crafting place. Thanks for poppin' over and commenting on my studio. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Tammy!!! I am so excited for you! A new studio is so exciting! (Not that what you have isn't great) I was enchanted by the property and the beauty you will be able to look at while you creating! (I'm a desert dweller so grass and water is beautiful thing to me!) Than k you for joining the party again this year. I cant wait to see the new studio at next years party!!!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's obvious I'm running late to the party, but I am so glad to be here now. I couldn’t miss this opportunity to see your "old" and soon-to-be studios. I am in love with all those cabinets. What a joy for you, and no clutter anywhere. At least, not in the photos (grin).

    I look forward to next year when you unveil your NEW studio. How awesome it sounds. Thanks for sharing both spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow ! You have been abundently blessed.Beautiful home now and in the future.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow ! You have been abundently blessed.Beautiful home now and in the future.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tammy, congrats on your new space, can't wait to see the finished product!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete